For pet parents, making sure that their best buddies are always in great health and shape is the top priority. While many dog owners ensure routine checkups, a healthy diet, and adequate exercise, grooming often seems to be the last thing on their minds. But it is extremely important that grooming becomes just as customary as other things.
Many pet parents prefer to groom their fur babies themselves because they may feel reluctant to have others handle them. This is very understandable, but one thing to consider is that professional grooming will include measures that may not be possible to achieve at home. But fear not, because, in Mesquite, you’ll find an abundance of excellent dog groomers! Now, the question is, what factors should you consider before selecting a grooming facility that suits you the best? Let’s look at some of the things to consider before taking dog grooming in Mesquite, Texas.
Top 10 Dog Groomers in Mesquite, Texas
Mesquite is home to great pet groomers, and we’re going to tell you about the 10 best ones.
1. All Paws Spa
This quaint, lovely grooming salon uses the tagline, “We specialize in LOVE,” and that should be enough for you to trust them with your furry buddies. Offering full-grooming services, bath, and spa facilities, the All Paws Spa is set to be the go-to place for your pals!
Services: Dog grooming, self-washing, ear and teeth cleaning, and gland expression.
Location: 911 E. Davis Street, Mesquite, Texas.
Business Hours: Monday to Saturday, 8:15 AM to 6 PM.
Phone: +1 972-289-7100
2. Roberto’s Dog Grooming Mobile
With 23 years of experience, Roberto’s Dog Grooming Mobile made the decision to start a traveling grooming service after seeing how many of his clients’ dogs get carsick and stressed out. One client calls him “The Dog Whisperer of Dog Grooming.” From doing the basic full grooming to even doing the icky business like anal-gland expressing, Roberto’s got you!
Services: Dog grooming, ear cleaning, gland expression, and medicated baths.
Business Hours: Monday, Thursday, and Friday, 7 AM to 8 PM; Tuesday to Wednesday, 7 AM to 5 PM.
Contact: +1 469 510 6808
3. Glamour Pet Shop and Grooming
Glamour Grooming takes pride in offering the best service to your best friend! This salon, located in Balch Springs, about a 10-minute drive from Mesquite, is dedicated to providing the highest quality pampering for your dog, Texas style!
Services: Dog grooming and bathing, dog spa, pet styling, etc.
Location: 11401 Elam Rd Ste. 103, Balch Springs, Texas 75180.
Business Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM; Saturday, 7:30 AM until finished.
Phone: +1 972-557-7387
4. D’ Top Dog Professional Dog Services
D’ Top Dog Professional Dog Services’ core values are comfort for pets, peace of mind for you, flexibility, integrity, and transparency. From boarding facilities to full-on grooming services, D’ Top Dog makes sure your pup is on fleek!
Services: Dog grooming, dog daycare, and ear cleaning.
Location: 4000 Pioneer Rd, Suite 208A, Balch Springs, TX 75180.
Business Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 6 PM; Saturday, 7 AM to 7 PM.
Contact: +1 972 803-5362
5. Pet Purr-fection
With a name as adorable as “Pet Purr-fection,” this salon is an instant favorite with pet parents. Client Aaron says how the staff knows all the pooches by name and how safe he feels leaving his furry buddy with them. He adds that they’re never scared and smell and look great!
Services: Dog grooming and pet styling.
Location: 1900 Oates Dr Ste 132 Mesquite, TX 75150.
Business Hours: Tuesday to Friday, 7 AM to 6 PM; Saturday, 8 AM to 6 PM.
Contact: +1 972 681-6369
6. The Grooming House
The Grooming House has a fantastic facility for all dogs, from grooming to dog spas. One client has been a regular for 15 years and claims to never be disappointed by their amazing service. The Grooming House sure knows how to keep their pooches satisfied!
Services: Dog grooming and dog bathing.
Location: 2207 Gus Thomasson Rd, Mesquite, TX 75150,
Contact: +1 972-279-1193
Business Hours: Tuesday to Saturday, 7:30 AM to 4 PM.
PetSmart Mesquite offers a great grooming and boarding service for dogs! Save 10% on your first time, along with a special offer for senior and military clients. Your dogs will be “groomed with love” by some of the best experts in the game, who know what they’re doing. PetSmart is the one-stop shop for all your pooch’s needs and will not disappoint!
- Doggie day camp
- Dog training
- Veterinary care
Location: 19175 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy, Mesquite, TX 75150.
Contact: +1 972 686-3990
Business Hours: Monday to Saturday, 9 AM to 9 PM; Sunday, 10 AM to 7 PM.
In business for 40 years, P’etcetera offers full-body grooming, bathing, and kennelling, and even some of the more unpleasant services like anal gland expressing. They provide affordable care and even offer boarding and kenneling services for your best bud!
Services: Dog grooming, dog bathing, and dog boarding (Kennelling).
Location 4320 N. Galloway Ave., Mesquite, TX 75150.
Business Hours: Monday to Saturday, 7:30 AM to 6 PM.
9. Petco Dog Grooming
They offer a dynamic grooming service for your dogs. With certified groomers who are always ready to give your pup the best care possible, get your pup trained to even pet insurance! PetCo provides an awesome session starting at a $5 walk-in service, so your best friend comes out looking and feeling their finest.
- Dog grooming
- Vaccination clinic
- Dog training
- Pet sitting, boarding, and walking
- Vital care
- Veterinary services
- Pet adoptions
- Rover pet services
- Curbside pickup
- Pet insurance
Location: 1500 N. Town East Blvd., Mesquite, TX 75150
Contact: +1 972 613-8188 [ext. 1]
Business Hours: Monday to Saturday, 8 AM to 6 PM; Sunday, 9 AM to 6 PM.
10. Polished Pooches
Polished Pooches facility is a small business providing dog grooming services and professional dog photography. From offering luxury dog spa baths to an expert grooming session, the Polished Pooches has you covered on all your essential puppy grooming needs!
Services: Dog bathing, dog grooming, and dog photography.
Location: 1830 Range Dr. #113, Mesquite, Texas 75149.
Business Hours: Tuesday to Saturday, 8 AM to 5 PM.
How to Select the Right Dog Grooming Company
One of the most crucial aspects of the whole grooming process is selecting the right groomer. It is important that the grooming company you choose is a perfect fit for your beloved pup. So how do you do that? Let us tell you.
- Search thoroughly. The internet is an excellent place to start when it comes to looking for great grooming companies. Ask your family, friends, and also veterinarians for suggestions.
- Patience is a virtue, and it can’t be said enough when it comes to selecting the right groomer for your dog. In this case, it goes both ways, for you and your groomer. So when you’re picking them out, be patient during the process and look for the same when you land your potential, as their patience is vital while handling nervous pups.
- Open up to your groomer. Tell them all the good things and not-so-good things about handling your dog. Let them know how they’re around blow dryers, nail clippers, scissors, and strangers.
This is important for everyone involved to prevent accidents.
- Look around the facility. Inspect the place for yourself to see if there are unattended sharp objects lying around and dirty spots. Observe if they maintain safety and hygiene; it is essential for your pup.
Things to Ask the Groomers Beforehand
If you’ve settled on your groomer, now it’s time to ask them questions. Interview them because you’re going to have to trust them with your best friends, don’t hesitate to get to the nitty-gritty.
- If you’re uncomfortable looking around the facility yourself, ask the groomer to show you around. Ask them to show you the tools and the washing station, and ask about their sanitary measures so you’re satisfied.
- Ask the groomer about their emergency procedures. In the event of an accidental cut or razor burn, ask them what they do to take care of such things.
- Stay in the room while your dog is getting groomed. In this way, you can see for yourself how the groomer is handling your pup and how your pup is behaving around them. But remember not to make anybody nervous, so maintain your composure.
- Ask them about their training. If you don’t want to seem too intrusive, look your groomer up on the internet, but asking them upfront will make you feel better. You need to know because you’ll leave your cutie-patootie in their hopefully professional hands.
- Make small talk. It is important for you to build trust with your groomer and for them to feel comfortable with you. So form a friendly bond with the groomer and compliment them on their work.
Preparing Your Dog for a Grooming Visit
Do the following things to make your dog feel at ease with grooming before you take them for their first visit,
- Get them used to some type of grooming at home. Brushing, nail-trimming, or bathing them can help them get comfortable when they’re at the groomers.
- Don’t miss out on visits. The more your dog is groomed, the quicker they’ll get used to it, so get them groomed regularly.
- Reward good behavior. Keep treats with you to give before and after grooming. Encourage your groomer to do the same, although a good groomer will do so already.
Related Article: 10 Best Dog Grooming Near Carrollton, Texas
Grooming is a crucial part of keeping your dog healthy and in shape. Share this with your family and friends so they know about the hottest groomers in Mesquite and the importance of grooming their dogs! We hope you find this helpful and get your dogs groomed regularly. Happy paw-renting!
Austin completed his studies at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine of Tufts University. He holds a high amount of empathy and kindness towards people, nature and most importantly animals. Expressing his feelings in powerful words is one of his best qualities.
Like all of us, he is also an animal lover. He owns and adopted half a dozen of cats in his home. Adopting animals instead of buying them is always heavily encouraged by him.
Austin is also an animal activist. We are really happy to incorporate his ideas with our Author team and he’s also happy to join us and help with the things he knows so well.