Are you thinking of getting a pet bird? Congratulations! Birds can indeed make wonderful companions and can add so much joy and color to your life.
However, with so many options out there, it is tough to know where to start.
That’s why, to help you, we have compiled a list of Georgia’s top ten bird breeders. So, you can finally find your perfect avian companion.
Top 10 Bird Breeders in Georgia to Visit!
Georgia is home to some of the best bird breeders in the country! From macaws to peacocks, here are the top 10 breeders in the state to check out:
1. Fancy Feathers – Exotic Birds Breeders
Fancy Feathers is a top-rated bird breeder in Georgia that offers a variety of exotic birds, including macaws, cockatiels, and parrots.
They are known for their high-quality bird breeding and caring for the health and happiness of their birds. So, whether you are looking for a rare parrot or a beautiful macaw, Fancy Feathers has you covered.
Location: 1895 Beaver Ridge Cir Suite J, Norcross, GA 30071
Business Hours: Mon to Sat – 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM; Sun – Closed
2. Animart Pets – Exotic Birds for Sale in Georgia
Next up, we have Animart Pets. They are a family-owned and operated pet store in Georgia that are committed to providing healthy and happy birds to its customers. They have a great selection of birds, including conures, parrots, and cockatoos.
At Animart Pets, you can expect knowledgeable staff, a clean and comfortable environment, along with healthy and well-socialized birds.
Location: 2813 Veterans Memorial Hwy SW, Austell, GA 30168
Business Hours: Mon to Sat – 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM; Sun – Closed
3. BirdLadies Babies – African Grey Breeders
BirdLadies Babies is a bird breeding business run by two passionate women who love birds. They specialize in breeding and hand-raising African Grey parrots and offer various other birds for sale, such as parrots, finches, etc.
With exceptional care and nutrition, the BirdLadies Babies ensure each bird is healthy and happy before being placed with a new owner.
Location: 2308 Habersham Dr SW, Marietta, GA 30064
Business Hours: Tues to Sat – 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM; Mon, Sun – 11:00 AM to 5:30 PM
4. North Georgia Quail – Quail for Sale in Georgia
North Georgia Quail is a top bird breeder in Georgia, specializing in breeding premium-quality quail. They have a great selection of quail, including Japanese quail, blue-scaled quail, and Coturnix quail.
With a focus on providing healthy and well-cared-for birds, North Georgia Quail has built a reputation for excellence in the birds breeding community.
Location: 89 Berry Patch Ln, Cleveland, GA 30528
5. Wild Birds Unlimited – Backyard Birds for Sale in Georgia
Wild Birds Unlimited is a unique bird breeder in Georgia specializing in breeding and selling backyard birds. They offer a wide range of bird species, including songbirds, woodpeckers, and hummingbirds.
And for the best part, they even provide educational resources for bird enthusiasts and have a staff of knowledgeable bird experts.
Location: 4279 Roswell Rd, Atlanta, GA 30342, United States
Business Hours: Mon to Sat – 09:30 AM to 6:00 PM; Sun – 11:00 AM to 5 PM
6. Parrotise Farm – Parrots for Sale in Georgia
Parrotise Farm is a family-owned and operated bird breeding business specializing in breeding high-quality parrots.
They have a great selection of parrots, including macaws, cockatoos, and African Greys. The birds at Parrotise Farm are raised in a loving and nurturing environment and are well-socialized.
Location: 915 Flat Shoals Church Rd, Pine Mountain, GA 31822
7. Animal Atlanta – Exotic Birds Breeders
Animal Atlanta is a full-service pet store that basically focuses on providing rare and exotic bird species to its customers.
They come with many birds, including parrots, macaws, and toucans. And have a deep passion for breeding and caring for these magnificent creatures.
Location: 6449 Bells Ferry Rd, Woodstock, GA 30189
Business Hours: Mon to Sat – 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM; Sun – 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM
8. PetSmart – Cockatiel Breeders Georgia
PetSmart is another popular pet store that specializes in providing healthy and happy birds to its customers.
They offer a variety of bird species, including conure, cockatiel, parakeets, and canaries. And are known for their knowledgeable staff and commitment to providing the best care and nutrition for all of their birds.
Location: 842 Dawsonville Hwy, Gainesville, GA 30501
Business Hours: Mon to Sat – 09:00 AM to 9:00 PM; Sun – 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
9. Feathered Friends Forever – Free Birds in Georgia
Feathered Friends Forever is a bird sanctuary that is home to hundreds of birds. They take in birds that can no longer be cared for by their owners and provide them with a safe and loving environment.
Therefore, if you are on the lookout for a loyal and intelligent bird companion, Feathered Friends Forever is the perfect place for you.
Location: 612 Byrd Rd, Harlem, GA 30814
Business Hours: Sat, Sun – 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM; Mon to Fri – Closed
10. Petland Columbus – Parrots for Sale in Georgia
Petland Columbus is a pet store in Georgia that comes with a variety of pets, including birds.
They have a wide range of bird species available, including parrots, canaries, and finches, and are dedicated to the well-being of each bird in their care.
So, if you are looking for a knowledgeable and caring bird breeder in the state, Petland Columbus is a great choice.
Location: 5592 Whitesville Rd Suite A, Columbus, GA 31904
Business Hours: Mon to Sat – 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM; Sun – 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM
How to Choose the Best Bird Breeder?
Choosing the right bird breeder is crucial when it comes to bringing a new feathered friend into your home. After all, only the right breeder can provide you with a healthy, well-socialized bird that will be a cherished family member for years to come.
Here are some tips on how to choose the best bird breeder for you:
- First, research the breeder’s reputation. Check online reviews and ask for recommendations from friends or other bird owners.
- Next, visit the breeder in person. This will give you an opportunity to see the conditions in which the birds are kept and to ask the breeder any questions you may have. Observe the birds’ behavior to see if they are well-socialized and comfortable around people.
- Ask the breeder about their breeding practices. A reputable breeder should be willing to provide information on the bird’s lineage, diet, and care.
- They should also be willing to answer any questions and provide ongoing support after you bring your bird home.
- Finally, make sure the breeder provides a health guarantee for their birds. This will protect you from any unforeseen health issues arising after you bring your bird home.
Questions to Ask Before Buying from Bird Breeders
Before buying a bird from a breeder, asking the right questions is essential to ensure you are making the right call. Here are some important questions to ask:
- What species of bird do you specialize in breeding?
- How long have you been breeding birds?
- Can I see the bird’s parents or lineage?
- How are the birds housed and cared for?
- What is the bird’s diet, and do you provide a variety of food options?
- What kind of socialization and training has the bird received?
- Do you offer a health guarantee?
- Have any of your birds had any health issues or contagious diseases?
- Are there any potential behavior issues that I should be aware of with this species?
- What do you recommend for the bird’s ongoing care and maintenance?
- Are you a member of any breeding associations or organizations?
Related Article: 10 Best Bird Breeders in Arizona
Finding the right bird breeder is essential to make sure that you get a healthy and happy feathered friend.
With our list of the top 10 bird breeders in Georgia, you can trust that you are getting the best of the best. These breeders have a deep knowledge of avian care and a love for their birds that shines through in everything they do.
So whether you are looking for a parrot, a canary, or any other type of bird, rest assured, as you can’t go wrong with these top-notch breeders.
As an animal lover since childhood, Paul has an excessive amount of kindness for animals and really feels about them. Feeding stray dogs and passing time with them is one of the things Paul loves to do in his free time.
Paul studied Veterinary Medicine at Murdoch University. He is a Speaker who talks about animal welfare at various events. You will find him sharing here his valuable knowledge as well as experience.
Currently, Paul is working on his first book to publish where you will see the reflection of his 10 years of experience with animals and pet psychology.