Is it your first time buying cats? Do you have any idea about how to buy cats or how to choose the correct cat breeders? We know how important this can be for you. Choosing a cat to pet at your home is a lifetime responsibility. We want to make sure that you won’t regret it afterward.
Top 10 Cat Breeders in Ohio
In this article, you will get to know about what kind of questions to ask before buying, what are the best cat breeders near Ohio, and many more. If you are also looking for this information, this article is just for you. Stay with us till last for detailed information.
1. Kayman Katz
For decades, Kayman Katz has been producing a huge amount of kittens and is in a leading position in Ohio state. If you want to adopt any cats, then you can trust them blindly, as they will not disappoint you.
Breed: Bengal, Abyssinian, and Savannah kittens
Location: Near Cleveland, Ohio.
Business Hours: Monday to Sunday(9AM to 10PM)
2. Pelaqita Persian Cats & Persian Kittens
This Organization has 20 years of experience in raising and breeding Persian cats. So, you can rely easily on them. They also provide all kinds of services like health care, cleaning, sanitation, a Cattery facility, etc.
Location: 10043 New Salem Rd NE, Pleasantville, OH 43148, United States
Business Hours: Monday to Friday (8 AM to 7 PM)
3. Colbetz Himalayan Cattery
Colbetz is registered with Cat Fanciers Association (CFA). All cats and kittens are CFA registered. But they can be a bit pricey at times.
Location: 2422 Rhoads Ave, Columbus, OH 43207, United States
Business Hours: Sunday to Wednesday (12 to 6 PM) and Thursday to Saturday(12:30 to 6 PM)
4. Ricela Cattery
Ricela Cattery is a highly reviewed cat breeder organization. Their clients are very satisfied with their services, as you can see from their ratings. This is one of the best cat breeder organizations that you will get in Ohio.
Location: 1220 Coitsville-Hubbard Rd, Youngstown, OH 44505, United States
5. Pharoah Treasures
It is a high-quality cat breeder organization that was introduced many years ago at a cat show. Considering cats are their own family, they take really good care of every cat there.
Breed: Sphynx cats
Location: 3555 Pigeon Run Ave SW, Massillon, OH 44647, United States
Business Hours: Monday to Friday (9 AM to 9 PM)
6. Windy Hill Pets, Kathy’s Kattery
Their journey started in 2017. Since then, they have been very sincere about their jobs and have been successfully running this organization. They mainly allow their kittens to be a bit older before selling them.
Location: 6214 OH-83, Millersburg, OH 44654, United States
7. StoneCroft Sphynx Cattery
StineCroft Cattery is a small, closed business located near New Vienna. Their customers are very satisfied with their services which clearly reflects in their ratings.
Location: 3685 OH-124, New Vienna, OH 45159, United States
Business Hours: Sunday to Saturday (9 AM to 9 PM)
8. Colony Cats Adoption Center
Colony cats adoption center is a nonprofit organization whose main goal is to spread awareness of cat overpopulation. Since 2002 they have been working successfully in this field.
Breed: Almost all kinds of breeds
Location: 2740 Festival Ln, Dublin, OH 43017, United States
Business Hours: Tuesday to Friday (4 to 7 PM), Saturday and Sunday (12 to 4 PM)
9. Dream Persians
The regular clients of Dream Persians are very happy with their services. They provide all the extra care that Persian cats require and raise them in a healthy, clean, and safe environment.
Location: 12628 Carrington Ave, Cleveland, OH 44135, United States
Business Hours: Open 24/7
This is a pet adoption service. They are one of the best organizations that we will find near Ohio. You can contact them before visiting their place to confirm the booking.
Breed: Almost all kinds of breeds are available for adoption.
Location: 703 Scharf St, New Washington, OH 44854, United States
Business Hours: Open 24/7
These are the 10 best cat breeders that you can find near Ohio. Detailed information about the organization, along with their address and website link, has been given so that you don’t find any difficulties finding them.
Questions to Ask Before Buying from Cat Breeders:
Buying a cat for the very first time can be intimidating. There’s a lot to think about, such as how to start looking for a reliable breeder and what questions to ask. We are here for you to help in this kind of situation. Here is a list of a few questions that you can ask before buying from any cat breeders:
1. You can ask questions about the kittens, like when it was born.
2. You should know about the traits of the kitten, like whether it is friendly or not.
3. It is important that you know about the vaccinations that the kitten had and what other vaccinations are required. So ask these questions to the breeder.
4. Ask questions about the cat’s training. Is it litter trained or not? You will need to have knowledge about this thing if you are up for adoption.
5. Ask questions like is the kitten healthy or has had any health screening or not.
6. Though it is given, ask if the kitten was raised with its mother or not. Some kittens might be hand-reared as well.
Also, before going to the cat breeders asking these questions, just make sure that you are ready to adopt a cat. Petting a cat is not an easy task. It includes a tone of responsibilities and commitments. Make sure you are committed enough to fulfilling the responsibilities.
What Cat Breed is Right for Me?
Choosing a specific kind of cat breed can be a difficult task as there are so many cute cats out there in the world. But obviously, you can only bring some kinds of breeds together in your house. You must choose at least one kind of breed that you like the most, considering the traits of different breeds.
Below are some factors that you need to consider before you go to buy any cats. Try to go through them all.
1. Find out first if you have any allergic reaction to any specific kind of breed. If yes, then avoid that breed.
2. How much time can you give your cats for grooming? Different breeds require different times. So choose your preferable one.
3. Consider how much time you have at your home.
4. Certain breeds, such as Maine Coon happen to be large in shape, and they require a huge place to live in. So, before buying them, consider how big your home is. Is it enough for the cats or not?
5. Do you have any other pets? Some breeds could be more friendly, and they prefer to stay alone. Do consider this before making any decisions.
When all your criteria meet with the traits of the breed of the cat that you want to buy, only then go for adoption or buying cats. Because that means you are ready for the commitments. Do not make any hasty decisions for yourself and also for your cats.
Related Post: 10 Best Cat Breeders Near Minnesota
Now that you know all the information about the cat breeds near Ohio, start finding a cat for yourself and let us know your experience with it. We will be glad to hear your story. We will be back with another article to help you with the information. Till then, best of luck with your first time buying cats. We hope you will enjoy the entire process.